Contact Haida Gwaii Animal Hospital directly for their presurgery requirements. Here are a few things to expect so you can prepare.
- For spay or neuter surgery, you must be at the Animal Hospital in Tlell between 8:30 and 9 AM.
- Make sure your pet does not have access to food after midnight or in the morning, water is OK. (This is to make sure your pet does not vomit while sedated) If you forget please tell the animal hospital staff.
– Take note of any medications your animal is taking or has been taking for the last little while (for example, Metacam, any antibiotics or Advantage products)
- Pick up time for NEUTER Patients is between 3 and 3:30 PM the day of drop off.
- Pick up time for SPAY Patients is between 9AM and 3:30 PM the day after surgery.
You will be provided with take home instructions for how to care for your animal following surgery, as well as some pain control medications to help keep them comfortable .
If you have any questions please call the animal hospital 250-557-4468**